2020 Council Elections
The Alberta College of Pharmacy (ACP) will hold Council elections for pharmacists in District 2 (Southern Alberta), District 3 (Edmonton) and District 5 (Calgary). The current councillors in District 2 (Peter Eshenko) and District 3 (Fayaz Rajabali) are eligible to seek election for one more three-year term.
You are an ideal candidate for nomination if you
- are motivated to advance public safety;
- want a hands-on role in advancing pharmacy practice in Alberta;
- model safe, effective, and responsible practice;
- have demonstrated visionary leadership skills; and
- are able to commit 12 to 15 days per year over a three-year term.
Nominations are currently open, and all nominations must be received by the Registrar by 4:30 p.m. MT on February 29, 2020. The nominators and their nominees, must reside in the applicable voting district. All nomination resources will be posted on ACP’s website by January 31, 2020.
The election will be held from March 13, 2020 at 8:00 am MDT until April 9, 2020 at 4:30 pm MDT. Council elections will be facilitated through an electronic voting portal. Registrants eligible to vote in District 2 (Southern Alberta), District 3 (Edmonton), and District 5 (Calgary), will receive information from the college with a link to the voting site. Instructions will be provided to access the voting site and how to vote.
- Nomination cover letter from registrar Greg Eberhart
- Nomination form
- Nomination lists
- Voting lists
- Voting districts for pharmacists
- Council responsibilities (Council Governance Policy GP-4)
- Councillor code of conduct (Council Governance Policy (GP-8)
- ACP Bylaws (election process covered in points 18 to 28)