COVID-19 updates for pharmacy professionals
This page will be updated on an ongoing basis as the situation involving COVID-19 evolves. All available communication from health authorities and resources for pharmacy professionals will be posted here.
Page last updated on April 14, 2021, at 11:30 a.m. MT.
On March 11, 2020, COVID-19 was declared a pandemic by the World Health Organization. Since that time, the global outbreak of respiratory infections has continued to increase, with older adults and vulnerable patients with existing health problems appearing to be at the most risk. ACP is working closely with Alberta Health, Alberta Health Services, the College of Physicians and Surgeons, and other partners as part of a coordinated response to protect the health and safety of Albertans.
During this pandemic, it is critical that pharmacists and pharmacy technicians remain well-informed. ACP appreciates your efforts to support the health of Albertans during these challenging times.
ACP's COVID-19 Guidance for Pharmacists and Pharmacy Technicians
Please refer to ACP's COVID-19 Guidance for Pharmacists and Pharmacy Technicians. The guidance page will be updated as more information becomes available.
You should also visit this webpage regularly for updated resources from Alberta Health, Alberta Health Services, and other sources.
Watch your email inbox for urgent updates as they happen. ACP is working to stay on top of the issue and provide you with relevant information as it becomes available.
COVID-19 Immunization Program
Resources for pharmacy professionals
- Coronavirus info for Albertans
- COVID-19 Immunization Program: Stakeholder Information
- Template for employers
Alberta Health Services (AHS)
- Alberta risk level and updates
- COVID-19 self-assessment tool
- Information for AHS staff and health professionals
- Information for Albertans – novel coronavirus (COVID-19)
Alberta Blue Cross
- Pharmacy Asymptomatic Testing Program
- Includes information and resources such as program information, FAQs, collection kit order forms, patient checklists, and the claiming process.