ACP regional meeting - Vermilion
There is no fee to attend the meeting. Light refreshments will be provided.
Pharmacists can record their attendance as non-accredited learning.
Pre-registration is required. If you plan to attend, please email email@example.com.
College president Brad Willsey and ACP staff will be travelling the province to:
- Hear your thoughts about how pharmacy practice should evolve, and
- Answer your questions and provide tips about the new Continuing Competence Program.
We strongly recommend that you complete the Continuing Competence Program tutorial before attending. Doing so will help you put the presentation information in context and help ensure you get any clarification you need at the meeting.
To prepare for the future of pharmacy conversation, ponder the following questions:
- Are there new models of care or new ways of delivering pharmacy services that existing regulations do not accommodate? What is your vision for the future? What alternatives should ACP consider?
- What training will you need to meet the changing needs of your patients, your community, and the health system (e.g., genomics, proteomics, assessment and diagnostic skills, mental health and addictions training)?
- Is it necessary for pharmacists and pharmacy technicians to be collocated to fulfil their respective professional responsibilities? Is it necessary for pharmacists to actually see the patient? If not, what key requirements and indicators should be used to measure compliance, patient safety, and the quality of care?
- Is there an appropriate balance of pharmacists and pharmacy technicians in the workforce? What policies and strategies should ACP consider to accommodate pharmacy workforce needs in the future?
Please also come prepared to discuss the current challenges and barriers you face in practice and the solutions you propose to help the professions overcome them.
We look forward to seeing you there!