SIGMA Canadian Menopause Conference
SIGMA/CMS is a multidisciplinary group of professionals who are interested in the pre- and post-menopausal health of women. We facilitate education at all levels, knowledge translation and research. We are unique because we provide support and education to both the family physician and the gynecologist. Also, SIGMA reaches out to other health professionals, including: nurse practitioners, nurses, psychologists, pharmacists, and counselors.
Our inaugural meeting in Ottawa May 2013 was a wonderful success with both national and international key opinion leaders. Our participants were thrilled with the opportunity to interact with all these experts.
We are very excited about our second meeting in Toronto, making it more interactive with current updates, didactic lectures, debates and case presentations.
Plenary sessions will include:
- New Advances in Menopause Hormonal Therapy (MHT)
- Cardiovascular Disease in Women
- Adult Immunization Therapy and HPV
- Bone Health and Sarcopenia
- Cognition, Mental Health and Vasomotor Symptoms
- Vulvar Dermatology
- Abnormal Uterine Bleeding
- Menopause and Diabetes
- Genitourinary Syndrome of Menopause
Debates will include:
- The Great Canadian Sex Challenge – Testosterone Treatment
- International Viewpoints on Duration of Menopause Hormone Treatment
We shall have a pre-meeting post graduate course entitled “A Menopause Primer.”
We shall also have a new product theatre before the opening symposium.
Finally, we can assure you of rewarding scientific exchanges along with a great opportunity to socialize with colleagues and friends.