Please download and read our information package on pharmacy licensee responsibilities.
For new and existing licensed community pharmacies, it is the licensee’s responsibility to review and ensure their pharmacy complies with ACP’s foundational requirements.
ACP encourage licensees to use the compliance checklist to assess their pharmacies. If deficiencies are identified, the licensee is responsible to take immediate action to address them.
Section 23 of the Pharmacy and Drug Regulation outlines the information that a licensee must ensure is displayed on the pharmacy website:
- A copy (scanned is fine) of the pharmacy licence.
- The location, mailing address, e-mail address and telephone number of the licensed pharmacy.
- The name, pharmacist practice permit number, and business address of the licensee.
- A statement that the licensee is required to provide, on the request of a patient, the name and practice permit number of any regulated member who provides a pharmacy service to the patient or who engages in the practice of pharmacy with respect to a patient.
- The name and business address of the proprietor.
- If the proprietor is a corporation, the name of the proprietor’s representative.
- A copy (scanned is fine) of the patient concerns poster.
Please download and read the required references.
Pharmacy licence renewal
All pharmacies in Alberta must renew their licence annually. ACP sends renewal notices via email to licensees each April. Pharmacies must submit all renewal requirements by May 31.
It is the licensee's responsibility to ensure the renewal forms are completed in their entirety and that both the licensee and the owner (proprietor or proprietor’s agent) sign the renewal forms and the statutory declaration forms. The licensee must note any changes to pharmacy information relating to phone or fax number or staff on this form. The ownership information must be confirmed as well. The renewal form often contains general questions to which the licensee must also respond.
After renewal, each pharmacy will receive a package containing the new pharmacy licence and a receipt.
780-990-0321 or toll-free at 1-877-227-3838