Reminder: electronic signatures not acceptableSeptember 23, 2014
- Prescriptions producted by computer and hand-signed by the prescriber or with an electronic signature that is then initialed by the prescriber and delivered by the patient are acceptable. However, it is your responsibility to ensure the prescription...
Ordering laboratory tests: when and which ones?September 23, 2014
Ordering laboratory tests is not a restricted activity in Alberta. However, Standard 3.7 requires that pharmacists only order laboratory tests:
- That the pharmacist is personally competent to o...
Anaphylaxis guidelines – clarifying expectationsSeptember 23, 2014
Pharmacists authorized to administer drugs by injection must ensure that:
- There is ready access to drugs and health care products, aids and devices used to treat reactions to injectable drugs, blood products and vaccines; and
- The pharmacist is...
Communicate prescribing decision to other health team membersSeptember 23, 2014
Standard 14 outlines the requirements when prescribing at initial access or to manage ongoing therapy.
Meeting provincial immunization targets AND the standardsSeptember 23, 2014
Understanding that pharmacists may plan flu clinics at locations outside of licensed pharmacies, we remind you that you must always comply with the following standards regarding:
Council meeting Oct. 8-10September 23, 2014
12:30 - 5 p.m., Oct. 8
8 a.m. - 1:00 p.m., Oct. 10
(Council development on Oct. 9)
Buffalo Mountain Lodge, Banff
View the agenda
Council meetings are open to observers at council's discretion. To reserve a seat, please call Leslie Ainslie at 780-990-0321, 1-877-227-3838, or email email@example.com...
2014-15 APEX Awards nominations now openSeptember 9, 2014
The 2014-15 APEX Awards nominations are now open. Recognizing pharmacy professionals through the APEX Awards helps identify role models, celebrate great patient care, and raise the profile of pharmacy in Alberta. Nominate a candidate online today!...
Consultation on hazardous product compounding now openSeptember 9, 2014
ACP is circulating national draft Model Standards for Pharmacy Compounding of Hazardous Sterile Products for review and comment, in conjuncti...
Non-hazardous product consultation closes Oct. 5September 9, 2014
The draft Model Standards for Pharmacy Compounding of Non-hazardous Sterile Products are being ...
Accessing the self-assessment and action report to complete your pharmacy assessmentSeptember 9, 2014
To access your pharmacy assessment, go to our website pharmacists.ab.ca and click on the login button at the top of the page. Use the same username a...
PharmD application deadline extended to Oct. 1September 9, 2014
Who is eligible?
- Practising pharmacists: You will need proof of registration on ACP's clinical register or be eligible for registration in Alberta.
- Fourth-year BSc (Pharmacy) students: U of A student pharmacists graduating in June of 2015 (...
Consultation on hazardous product compounding now openSeptember 3, 2014
ACP is circulating national draft Model Standards for Pharmacy Compounding of Hazardous Sterile Products...