ACP recruiting pharmacists to serve as Continuing Competence Program (CCP) assessors
March 23, 2022
It’s an opportunity to learn new skills and be inspired.
ACP is recruiting pharmacists to serve as peer assessors for the upcoming Continuing Competence Program (CCP) audit. Peer assessors are pharmacists contracted by ACP to assess pharmacists’ professional portfolios. Professional portfolios consist of learning records, an implementation record, and documentation that verifies a pharmacist’s participation and completion of the annual CCP requirements for practice permit renewal.
Peer assessors will attend an online training workshop, split over two days, on either
- June 13 and June 20, 2022 (both 1:00-3:00 p.m. MT), OR
- June 15 and June 22, 2022 (both 9:00-11:00 a.m. MT).
During the audit period, peer assessors will audit the professional portfolios at their home via a secure online process. The time commitment is approximately 30 hours during July and August.
You may work at your own pace. Professional portfolios will be assigned in early July with submissions due in August.
We are seeking pharmacists who can demonstrate the principles of valid, fair, and reliable assessment and who can apply the scoring procedure fairly and objectively. Peer assessors must
- be in good standing on the clinical pharmacist register;
- have a minimum of one year of experience in direct patient care within the past three years; and
- not currently be, or have been, the subject of a disciplinary action or unresolved investigation.
Assessment experience is not required but is considered an asset.
The contract rate is $33.00 per assessment for online audits.
- Develop your assessment skills.
- Learn more about different types of pharmacy practices.
- Be inspired by other pharmacists’ practices.
- Collaborate with other pharmacists.
- Contribute to your profession.
How to apply
Complete and submit the online application by Friday, April 8, 2022. Successful applicants will be contacted by Friday, April 29, 2022.
Contact the Competence Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.