ACP recruiting pharmacy technicians to serve as Continuing Competence Program (CCP) peer assessors
October 13, 2021
It’s an opportunity to learn new skills, collaborate with other pharmacy technicians, and be inspired.
ACP is recruiting pharmacy technicians to serve as peer assessors for the upcoming Continuing Competence Program (CCP) audit. Peer assessors are pharmacy technicians contracted by ACP to assess pharmacy technicians’ professional portfolios. Professional portfolios consist of learning records, the implementation record, and documentation that verifies a pharmacy technician’s participation and completion of the annual CCP requirements for practice permit renewal.
Peer assessors will attend a half-day training workshop on Zoom on Wednesday, January 19, 2022. During the audit period, peer assessors will audit the professional portfolios via a secure online process. The time commitment is approximately 30 hours between mid-February and mid-March.
You may work at your own pace. Professional portfolios will be assigned in early February, and then you have until mid-March to submit your completed audits.
We are looking for pharmacy technicians who can demonstrate the principles of valid, fair, and reliable assessment and who can apply the scoring procedure fairly and objectively. Peer assessors must
- be registered on the pharmacy technician register;
- have a minimum of one year of experience as a pharmacy technician; and
- be in good standing with ACP, including, but not limited to
- no conditions or restrictions on your practice permit,
- no outstanding complaints that have been referred to a Hearing Tribunal or outstanding sanctions ordered by the Hearing Tribunal, and
- no other restrictions on practice or requirements to submit for assessment under Section 118 of the Health Professions Act.
Assessment experience is not required but is considered an asset.
- Contract rate of $32 per assessment for online audits. (Note: this is the rate for 2021, which is subject to change pending Council’s approval of the 2022 fee schedule.)
- Develop your assessment skills.
- Learn more about different types of pharmacy practices.
- Be inspired by other pharmacy technicians’ practices.
- Collaborate with other pharmacy technicians.
- Contribute to your profession.
How to apply
Complete and submit the online application by Friday, October 29, 2021. Successful applicants will be contacted by Friday, November 26, 2021.
Questions? Contact a member of the Competence Department (email@example.com).