Alberta Blue Cross Pharmacy Benefact #627 - Enhanced validation of correct prescriber identification numbers
August 10, 2016
Following the release of the recent Alberta Blue Cross Benefact #627, we have received some questions about the prescriber lists posted on the ACP website. As a reminder, these prescriber lists are not updated in real-time. We rely on other colleges to provide us with their registrant data for these lists. They provide the lists to us as a courtesy to support you in your practice.
Most colleges provide updates regularly. However, gaps can occur, usually due to vacation or staffing changes. Therefore, you should always regard the other colleges as the root source of information when it comes to their registrants’ prescribing authority.
The following colleges provide ACP with prescriber list updates:
- College & Association of Registered Nurses (CARNA) – generally updated bi-weekly
- College of Dietitians of Alberta – generally updated monthly
- College of Physicians & Surgeons of Alberta (CPSA) – updated weekly
- College of Registered Dental Hygienists of Alberta (CRDHA) – updated as needed
The following colleges provide all or some prescriber data on their websites:
- Alberta College of Optometrists
- Alberta Veterinary Medical Association
- College of Midwives of Alberta
- College of Podiatric Physicians of Alberta
The Alberta Dental Association + College does not provide prescriber data online—please contact them directly with questions about dentist prescribers.