Call for nominations - council elections
January 14, 2009
Now is the time to step up for your profession. Consider taking your seat at the ACP council table.
ACP will be holding council elections in four districts this term:
- District 1 (Grande Prairie and area)
- District 2 (Lethbridge and area),
- District 3 (Edmonton and area)
- District 5 (Calgary and area) this spring.
Who can be a candidate?
You are an ideal candidate if you:
- are motivated to advance public safety,
- want a hands-on role in advancing pharmacist practice in Alberta,
- model safe, effective, responsible pharmacist practice,
- have demonstrated leadership skills,
- are able to commit 12 to 15 days per year over a three-year term.
When considering the criteria of a good councillor, review the responsibilities and councillor code of conduct under About ACP/Council and the college by-laws under About ACP on the ACP website.
- be in writing,
- be signed by at least two voting members of the District in which nomination is sought,
- include written consent of the nominee, and
- include a statement of eligibility by the nominee.
Nominations must arrive at the college office by 4:30 p.m. on Fri., Feb. 27, 2009.
Originally published in the January 14, 2009, issue of The Link