In case you missed it: COVID-19 guidance update
June 10, 2020
ACP has added and updated several guidance documents to support your practice during the pandemic.
Since May 13, ACP has added or updated several COVID-19 guidance documents. The guidance provides pharmacists and pharmacy technicians foundational information and advice to navigate the challenges of practice during the pandemic.
Here is a list to the guidance documents that have been added or updated since May 13:
- ACP made significant additions and changes to the Protecting pharmacy staff and patients from COVID-19 transmission in the pharmacy section of the COVID-19 Guidance for Pharmacists and Pharmacy Technicians webpage to meet the requirements of an order from the Chief Medical Officer of Health (CMOH order 16-2020), respecting limitations on gatherings and workplaces. Pharmacy professionals should review the entire section to ensure they are practising in the manner required by ACP and the CMOH.
- UPDATED – General advice to pharmacy licensees and registrants
- UPDATED – Planning and preparation for pharmacy staff shortages resulting from COVID-19
- UPDATED – Preventative COVID-19 exposure measures in pharmacies
- UPDATED – Management of staff illness
- NEW – Management of patient illness
- NEW – Additional Resources
- NEW – Temporary changes to care provided to nursing home residents
- UPDATED – Interim guidance on continuity of immunization programs during the COVID-19 pandemic
- UPDATED – Providing virtual care to patients