Congratulations 2009 APEX Award recipients!
February 11, 2009
The APEX Awards recognize excellence in pharmacy practice in Alberta. Initiated in August 2007, the awards are jointly funded, promoted, and presented by the Alberta Pharmacists’ Association (RxA) and the Alberta College of Pharmacists (ACP). ACP and RxA are pleased to announce this year’s APEX Award recipients.
The 2009 APEX Award recipients are:
- M.J. Huston Pharmacist of the Year – Noreen Vanderburgh of Edmonton
- W.L. Boddy Pharmacy of the Year – Hawkstone Home Health Care Pharmacy in Edmonton, managed by Jordan Allen
- Partners in Practice – Dr. Stan Kroeker, Dr. Greg Boughen, Tara Grimstead and Dawn Petit; physician, pharmacist and nurse leads for the WestView Primary Care Network in Spruce Grove
- Wyeth Consumer Healthcare Bowl of Hygeia – Rita Lyster of Barrhead
- Future of Pharmacy – Naila Lalani of Edmonton
- Friend of Pharmacy – Gail Hufty of Edmonton
Join us in congratulating these winners at the APEX Awards ceremony in Banff on May 23 at the close of the Strengthening the Bond tri-profession conference. There is no cost to attend, but please check the APEX Awards box on the conference registration form so that we have enough food and drinks for you!
Watch for more details about the 2009 award winners and the conference in upcoming issues of The Link and acpnews.
Originally published in the February 11, 2009, issue of The Link