Nominations sought for ACP’s Honorary Life Membership Award
March 23, 2022
Nominations will be accepted until April 30, 2022.
It’s the most prestigious honour the Alberta College of Pharmacy (ACP) can bestow upon an individual who is or has been a regulated member of the college: the Honorary Life Membership. Each year, the college accepts nominations for the award, which is given to a current or former regulated member who has, in the opinion of Council, rendered distinguished service to the practice of pharmacists and/or pharmacy technicians.
During the last seven years, Honorary Life Memberships have been awarded to
- Steve Long (2019) for his accomplishments as a leader with the Calgary Regional Health Authority and Alberta Health;
- Linda Poloway (2019) for her contributions as a hospital pharmacist in Red Deer, her work with the former Alberta Pharmaceutical Association, and the Health Quality Council of Alberta;
- George Doherty (2018) for his dedication to his work as a community pharmacist in Calgary;
- Mike Bain (2017), curator of the Castor Pharmacy Museum;
- Rosemarie Biggs (2016) for her many contributions as a community pharmacist; and
- Byron Bergh (2015), a community pharmacist for 40 years.
The 2022 Honorary Life Membership Award(s) will be presented at the college’s Celebration of Leadership in Calgary on June 8, 2022. Last year’s honorees Rosemary Bacovsky and Sheila Kelcher will receive their awards on that date along with Honorary Membership Award recipients Joan Pitfield and Lynn Paulitsch. The Honorary Membership Award is issued to individuals who have never been regulated members of the college and have, in the opinion of Council, rendered distinguished service to the practice of pharmacists and/or pharmacy technicians.
The deadline to submit nominations for the Honorary Life Membership Award is April 30, 2022. For more information about the award, including how to submit a nomination, please refer to the terms of reference.