Online permit renewal now open for pharmacy technicians
October 29, 2014
How to renew
- Go to the ACP website (pharmacists.ab.ca). Select login (located at the top of the screen).
- Login using your username and password. Your username is your registration number. Your password is case sensitive.
- Once you have logged in, look to the top of the screen. You should see your name following the word “Welcome” and the text My Profile.
- Click on My Profile. You will need to login again, using the same username and password.
- Select the Renewal tab. Follow the tabs under Renewal for each step of the renewal process.
Thinking of changing your status? Our online renewal includes a feature that allows pharmacy technicians to change their status to associate, retired, or cancelled technician.
Your application for status as Pharmacy Technician 2015 must include:
- A valid email address
- Declaration of compliance with professional liability insurance coverage
- Minimum one million dollar claims-made or occurrence-based professional liability insurance policy that is personal and transportable to any place of practice in Alberta, and provides coverage from January 1 to December 31, 2015
- The required fee payment
CEUs are NOT required for renewal this year. Online logging of CEUs for technicians is not currently available.
Pharmacy technician: $491.40 ($468.00 plus $23.40 GST)
Associate technician: $236.25 ($225.00 plus $11.25 GST)
Associate, Cancelled, and Retired Technician statuses are inactive statuses. If you choose any one of these, you cannot practice as a pharmacy technician.
Non-compliance fee: $82.95 ($79.00 plus $3.95 GST)
- The non-compliance fee will be assessed to any pharmacy technician whose practice permit renewal remains outstanding after November 30 and up to December 31, 2014. This fee is in addition to the practice permit fee for pharmacy technicians.
- Pharmacy technicians whose renewals are outstanding as of December 31, 2014 will be cancelled effective January 1, 2015 and will be required to pay a reinstatement fee of $270.90 ($258.00 plus $12.90 GST) in addition to the annual practice permit fee before regaining their statuses as pharmacy technicians.
Questions? Contact us
|ACP registration department, email@example.com|
|Tel: 780-990-0321||TF: 1-877-227-3838||Fax: 780-990-0328|