PharmD for Practicing Pharmacists - now accepting full-time applications!
January 13, 2016
The University of Alberta is accepting applications for the full-time PharmD for Practicing Pharmacists Program starting this September. The application deadline is February 1, 2016.
The Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) academic credential is an undergraduate, professional doctorate. Unlike the PhD that focuses on research, the undergraduate PharmD is a clinical doctorate degree. The University of Alberta's PharmD for Practicing Pharmacists program is a post-professional (post-Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy) degree program recognizing advanced education in patient care.
Upon completion of the PharmD for Practicing Pharmacists program, graduates will be prepared to:
- Become strong practitioners and lead the profession by engaging in full scope of practice
- Advance their career through innovative practices
- Demonstrate a competitive advantage when applying for unique and interesting positions
- Develop the skills and knowledge to provide enhanced patient care
- Utilize evidence-based information and clinical judgement to inform decisions
- Contribute to collaborative decision-making for patients with complex pharmacotherapy
- Develop strategies for continued learning throughout their careers
- Provide education for a variety of audiences including patients and professionals
To learn more, visit the University of Alberta Faculty of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences website.