Priority 3 deadline of non-sterile compounding standards quickly approaching
February 19, 2020
ACP’s non-sterile compounding self-assessment tool can help you comply with the standards.
With the deadlines for meeting Priorities One and Two of the Standards for Pharmacy Compounding of Non-sterile Preparations having passed on January 1, 2020, pharmacy teams providing non-sterile compounding services must now look to meeting Priority Three—Facilities and equipment—by July 1, 2020.
One way to ensure your pharmacy’s compliance with the non-sterile compounding standards is to complete a non-sterile compounding assessment, using the tool provided on the ACP website.
The self-assessment tool will help you confirm your pharmacy is meeting the requirements of the non-sterile compounding standards, including the following:
- whether your pharmacy is equipped to provide Level A, B, or C compounding;
- that appropriate policies and procedures for non-sterile compounding, including quality assurance, have been established;
- that your compounding personnel
- have the proper training and skills for non-sterile compounding,
- are aware of the pharmacy’s policies and procedures,
- are using proper techniques, and
- are wearing the required personal protective equipment; and
- that your facilities and equipment meet the standards for the level of non-sterile compounding taking place in your pharmacy;