Reminder: pharmacists must complete CCP requirements and required courses by May 31, 2021
April 28, 2021
Completion of Continuing Competence Program requirements are needed as part of your annual practice permit renewal.
Pharmacists are now able to submit their application to renew their registration with ACP—online registration renewal opened on April 15, 2021. For pharmacists who have not done so already, prior to renewing online, you must complete two courses about awareness and prevention of sexual abuse and sexual misconduct. Please take note of the following:
- We recommend that you use Google Chrome on a laptop or desktop and enable browser cookies. You may need to wait up to 30 minutes upon completing the courses before proceeding with online renewal.
- To avoid an error message during online renewal stating that you have not completed both courses, please confirm that you have reviewed all the slides for the ACP course—Standards of Practice: Sexual abuse and sexual misconduct.
- If you’ve successfully completed the course, a bright orange banner should appear along the top of the slide providing you the option to print your completion certificate. If the banner is not there, it means you have yet to complete the course. Identify and complete the outstanding slides by referring to the menu on the left-hand side to verify slide completion; completed slides are greyed out.
To be eligible for renewal, pharmacists must also complete all requirements of the Continuing Competence Program (CCP). This includes
- documenting a minimum of 15 continuing education units (CEUs) on one or more learning records,
- implementing at least one CEU of learning into practice and documenting on an implementation record, and
- completing the required learning—a module on the standards and guidelines for laboratory and point-of-care testing.
Pharmacists must complete their online registration renewal, including payment by credit card, before 11:59 p.m. on May 31, 2021.
Regulated health professionals are required by the Health Professions Act (HPA) to apply for practice permit renewal and submit a complete application according to the date provided for in the Bylaws. ACP has attempted to make the process easy and convenient—it should only take a few minutes to complete. If a pharmacist does not apply for practice permit renewal, the practice permit terminates on June 30, per the ACP Bylaws.