Before beginning the SPT program for pharmacy technicians, a learner must:
- register on the provisional pharmacy technician register
- find a site and a preceptor
- submit a completed Pharmacy Technician SPT Notification Form to ACP, and
- receive approval from ACP to begin the program.
For more information about program requirements, please visit: pharmacists.ab.ca/structured-practical-training-pharmacy-technicians.
Eligibility requirements to be a preceptor for the Structured Practical Training (SPT) program for pharmacy technicians include:
- Your preceptor must be a pharmacist or pharmacy technician who has been registered with ACP for two years or more
- You must not be in a close personal relationship with your preceptor
- Your site must be a licensed community or hospital pharmacy in good standing with ACP
For more information, please visit: pharmacists.ab.ca/structured-practical-training-pharmacy-technicians.