Video clips of the 2009 APEX Award winners are now on the ACP website. The APEX Awards are jointly sponsored by ACP and RxA to celebrate excellence in pharmacy practice in Alberta.
You’ll be inspired by the work of these individuals and moved by their stories. The clips are each about two minutes long and can be viewed using Windows Media Player, which you can download for free.
This year, we are proud to honour:
- Noreen Vanderberg, M.J. Huston Pharmacist of the Year recipient
- Jordan Allen and the staff of Hawkstone Home Health Care Pharmacy, W.L. Boddy Pharmacy of the Year recipients
- Naila Lalani, Future of Pharmacy recipient
- Dr. Greg Boughen, Dr. Stan Kroeker, Dawn Petit, and Tara Grimstead of the WestView PCN, Partners in Practice recipients
- Dr. Sheri Koshman, Wyeth Apothecary Award recipient
- Rita Lyster, Wyeth Consumer Healthcare Bowl of Hygeia recipient
- Gail Hufty, Friend of Pharmacy recipient
Due to scheduling complications, there is not a video for Dr. Sheri Koshman who was this year’s recipient of our Wyeth Apothecary Award. The newest of the APEX Awards, this award recognizes pharmacists who have completed advanced training or education and have successfully expanded their practice as a result. Dr. Koshman was recognized for her post-doctoral fellowship in ambulatory cardiology and her work with the unique Cardiac EASE program at the U of A Hospital.
The segments were first shown at the APEX Awards ceremony, held in conjunction with the tri-profession conference in Banff, held May 23.
Originally published in the June 16, 2009, issue of The Link