Thank you to the pharmacists who have already submitted their applications! However, ACP still needs more pharmacists to assess Professional Portfolios.
We are looking for pharmacists who are willing to employ the principles of valid, fair, and reliable assessments as taught in the workshop and who can apply the grading procedure fairly and objectively.
If you are interested
Complete the application and return it to our office by email (email@example.com) or fax (780-990-0328) no later than 8:00 a.m., Monday, August 15, 2011.
Once we have selected the assessors, we’ll set a date for the training workshop. The final selection of assessors will not take place until after the training workshop.
- Two-day training workshop in Edmonton in late September, and
Optional assessment of portfolios remotely at your home via a secure online process. (The volume of this work is unknown at this time as it depends on how many pharmacists submit Professional Portfolios and how many assessors we contract.)
ACP per diem of $368/day x 2 days for in-person training workshop plus contract rate of $53.00/hour for assessments done at home. All expenses such as travel, accommodation and meals for in-person meetings, and courier costs for returning assessed portfolios to ACP will be paid.
- Develop your assessment skills,
- Learn more about different types of pharmacy practices,
- Discover different types of learning activities,
- Be inspired by other pharmacists’ practices,
- Contribute to the profession,
- See the ‘inner workings’ of the Competence Assessment program, and
- Get to hang out with keen pharmacists such as yourself!
If you would like to know more about the Professional Portfolio, so you know what you would be getting into, check out these resources:
online RxCEL Competence Assessment Tutorial (F11 to get full-screen)
Competence Assessment Handbook
Sample Practice Enhancement records: Sample #1, Sample #2