The Council of the Alberta College of Pharmacists (ACP) is proposing to enhance our standards for testing in Pharmacy Practice, integrating existing standards with new requirements important to the safe and responsible use of Point of Care Tests (POCT). The integrated standard addresses three roles:
- the use of laboratory information (extracted from existing standards),
- the ordering of laboratory tests (extracted from existing standards), and
- the use of Point of Care Testing (new).
Pursuant to section 133(1) of the Health Professions Act, Council has approved the following documents for consultation:
- Standards for Testing in Pharmacy Practice and
- Advice to Pharmacists and Pharmacy Technicians to Support Compliance with the Standards.
Please record your comments and feedback using the online fillable form found on the Consultation webpage on the ACP website. This will assist us to efficiently and effectively review your feedback. Please submit your comments prior to midnight on Thursday, May 24, 2018.