Reminder: submit your nominations for council elections by February 28
February 15, 2017
ACP is holding council elections for three positions this spring. We invite your nominations for the following positions:
- Pharmacist in District 2 (Southern Alberta)
- Pharmacist in District 3(Edmonton)
- Pharmacy technician inDistrict B (Southern Alberta)
Councillors play an essential role in fulfilling the college's mandate of promoting and protecting the health and well-being of Albertans by governing the profession of pharmacists and pharmacy technicians. If this is something that interests you – and you reside in a district you would like to represent – please submit your nomination papers to the Registrar no later than 4:30 p.m. on February 28, 2017. Please read the Nomination Letter from the Registrar for more information.
You are an ideal candidate if you:
- are motivated to advance public safety;
- want a hands-on role in advancing pharmacy practice in Alberta;
- model safe, effective, responsible practice;
- have demonstrated leadership skills; and
- are able to commit 12 to 15 days per year over a three-year term.
Please refer to ACP's bylaws which further outline eligibility.
How to submit a nomination
- Please review the list of registrants eligible for nominations below, or by visiting pharmacists.ab.ca/council-elections.
- Consider collaborating with other pharmacists or pharmacy technicians in your district to nominate visionary leaders interested in advancing the mandate of ACP. Please note that nominees must reside in the district they represent.
- Nominations opened on January 31, 2017. Complete and submit your nomination papers to the Registrar by mail or email no later than 4:30 p.m. on February 28, 2017.
- Nomination information letter
- Nomination form
- District 2: Nomination List | Voters List
- District 3: Nomination List | Voters List
- District B: Nomination List | Voters List
- ACP bylaws (election process covered in points 17 to 27)
- Council responsibilities
- Councillor code of conduct
Deadline for nominations
Nominations open: Tuesday, January 31, 2017
Nominations close: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 at 4:30 p.m.