Ethics & Jurisprudence Exam
- Exam booking request
- Jurisprudence learning module
- ACP Ethics and Jurisprudence Exam study guide - pharmacists & pharmacy technicians (PDF)
What is the ACP Ethics & Jurisprudence Exam?
The ACP Ethics & Jurisprudence Exam is an entry to practice requirement for registration as a pharmacist or pharmacy technician in Alberta. You must complete the exam no more than two years before submitting the final application for registration as a pharmacist or pharmacy technician in Alberta.
The exam tests your abilities to
- remember foundational aspects of pharmacy legislation in Alberta,
- understand key concepts set out in ACP’s standards of practice and code of ethics, and
- apply procedural knowledge essential to the safe and effective practice of an entry-level pharmacist or pharmacy technician.
Exam quick facts
The exam is
- composed of 100 multiple choice questions,
- in electronic format,
- two hours in length, and
- closed-book (no reference materials allowed).
Exam results are valid two years from the date of completion of the exam.
How to register for the exam
NOTE: ACP is currently conducting the exam ONLINE ONLY, and there is no option to go to a testing centre at this time. It is your responsibility to ensure that you have access to a computer that meets the requirements before booking an exam date.
- Once you have registered as a provisional pharmacist or pharmacy technician, ACP will issue you a user ID and password to enter the exam booking site.
- There are no set exam dates. Using the booking site, choose a time that fits your schedule. The exam is available 24/7, but please note that times are listed by 24 hour clock (i.e., 03:00 is 3:00 a.m., 15:00 is 3:00 p.m.).
- Please allow a minimum of three business days to confirm exam bookings.
- You will receive exam confirmation and exam day instructions by email.
- The cost of your first attempt at the exam is included in the ACP registration fee.
- There is a fee for additional attempts. Contact registration (see bottom of page for contact information) for details.
Exam day requirements
To write the exam, you must have
- at least one piece of government issued photo identification,
- your ACP user ID and password (the same ones used to book the exam), and
- a copy of your exam confirmation email (printed or electronic).
Preparing for the exam
We recommend that you
- review ACP's jurisprudence learning module,
- complete the online testing system tutorial,
- become familiar and comfortable with the testing system before taking the exam, and
- refer to the Ethics and jurisprudence exam study guide - pharmacists & pharmacy technicians (PDF).
What happens next?
Within three hours of completing the exam, you will receive your results via email.
780-990-0321 or toll-free at 1-877-227-3838