Stuck on the Implementation Record portion of your 2015/2016 professional portfolio? Here are some tips you may find helpful:
- Write a specific implementation objective that clearly describes how you will apply your learning. What are you going to do with what you’ve learned? For more help on this subject, check out How to Write SMART Objectives.
- Be specific in your answers and highlight how your practice has improved and/or who has been affected by/benefited from your implementation.
- Submit the one* piece of evidence that best showcases what you’ve achieved; and ensure it directly relates back to your implementation objective and outcome. *Your one piece of evidence can have multiple pages if scanned into one file.
Need some inspiration? Last year, 91 per cent of audited portfolios met/exceeded the established standards. For a sample of excellent real-life implementation objectives, visit our new resource Examples of Implementation Objectives
If you plan to renew your practice permit, you must complete the following Continuing Competence Program (CCP) requirements by May 31, 2016:*
- Complete the Jurisprudence Self-Assessment – available in the Self-Assessment/Prescribed Activities section of the CCP portal;
- Complete learning activities – Complete at least 15 CEUs during the CE cycle (June 1, 2015 to May 31, 2016) and document each activity on a Learning Record; and
- Put your learning to use – Implement a minimum of one CEU worth of learning into your practice and document this on an Implementation Record (you only need to complete one record).
*Only exemption: pharmacists who register on the clinical register for the first time between January 1, 2016 and June 30, 2016.