Resources and Tools for Pharmacists
ACP developed the tool below to support pharmacists in conversations with individuals using opioid medications. You may wish to print the tool and keep copies available in your consultation room or at the pharmacy counter.
The brochure Understanding my pharmacist's role in assessing medication risk was developed to help pharmacists explain their role to patients. Email our communications team to request copies of the brochure for your pharmacy.
Here are some external resources you may want to use when treating individuals using opioid medications:
Questions about how to incorporate the new opioid guidelines into your practice? Many of the questions you have are likely answered in the Link articles below.
- New guidelines for patients using opioid medications (July 6, 2017)
- Establishing professional relationships: exploring a new guideline for opioid medications (July 20, 2017)
- Why pharmacist assessment is critical to managing the opioid crisis (August 16, 2017)
- Assessing individuals using opioid medications: what you need to know (August 30, 2017)
- What are ACP's expectations for documentation? Part 5 of our opioid guidelines series (September 13, 2017)
- Opioid Guidelines: are you ready for the October 1 implementation date (September 27, 2017)
- Message from the Registrar: Understanding the Opioid Guidelines (October 25, 2017)