Need to learn about the new Continuing Competence Program?
April 14, 2015
Every year, all pharmacists on the clinical register are required to:
- Complete at least 15 CEUs during the CE cycle and document each learning activity on one or more Learning Records;
- Implement at least one CEU worth of learning into their practice and document this on an Implementation Record; and
- Complete any required learning that has been assigned by the Competence Committee. For the 2014/2015 CE cycle, pharmacists must complete the CCP tutorial to learn about the new program.
* Exemptions: pharmacists who register on the clinical register for the first time in Alberta between January 1, 2015 and June 30, 2015 OR pharmacists who reinstated on the clinical register between January 1, 2015 and June 30, 2015.
- CCP tutorial (mandatory): Through examples, the tutorial walks you through the program requirements and demonstrates step-by-step how to complete the program. The CCP tutorial is available in the Self-Assessment/Prescribed Activities section of the CCP web portal.
- CCP requirements: An outline of the program requirements available on the ACP website
- Continuing Competence Program – Pharmacists’ Guide: An eleven page document that provides an overview of the program
- Continuing Competence Program Rules
- “Introducing the new Continuing Competence Program”, ACP News - July/August 2014
- Spotlight on your Continuing Competence Program: Regional meeting presentation that provides tips on how to complete the program and reviews FAQs